Across our two sites, 14 state of the art technology core facilities support the research groups at the London Research Institute.
Bioinformatics and Biostatistics
The group provides expertise and bioinformatics analysis tools to LRI scientists. Areas of focus for the group include next generation sequencing, functional genomics, microarray data analysis, biological sequence analysis, genome analysis and biostatistics.
The group has advanced skills in bioinformatics, computing & programming, statistics and molecular biology enabling us to provide world class bioinformatics support to CRUK's research objectives.
What we do:
- We are currently analysing data in these areas:
- ChIP-Seq: Sequencing of protein bound DNA fragments.
- RNA-Seq: Sequencing of RNA to determine transcript abundance.
- Resequencing: Genome scale resequencing to identify genomic variants.
- miRNA: Characterisation and quantification of small regulatory RNA moleclues.
- 4C: Structurally associated DNA sequencing
- We offer a comprehensive microarray analysis service for expression, CGH, tiling, SNP and methylation arrays.
- We able to interpreting your data in the context of pathways and biological processes.
- Problems we solve:
- Searching for novel homologues/orthologues.
- Protein characterisation.
- Promoter analysis.
- Help with genome browsers.
- We are able to give statistical analysis of biological data.
- We also have the following skills which may be able to assist your research:
- Data visualisation and the production of publication quality figures.
- Web development and the deployment of tools and data over the internet
- Computer programming expertise in R, Perl, C, Java, Python, PHP and Bash.
- Database programming and the storage of complex data.
- Advanced Sequencing
- Bioinformatics and Biostatistics
- Cell Services
- Electron Microscopy
- Equipment Park
- Experimental Histopathology
- High Throughput Screening
- In Vivo Imaging
- Light Microscopy
- Peptide Synthesis
- Protein Analysis and Proteomics
- Protein Purification
- Super-Resolution Microscopy
- Aengus Stewart
- Probir Chakravarty
- Phil East
- Mickael Escudero
- Stuart Horswell
- Gavin Kelly
- Anna Lobley
- Richard Mitter
- Harshil Patel
- Max Salm